Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Noogie for Alyx

You've been really patient in waiting for this Noogie for Miss Naughty Alyx. 

I tried to get this going on Friday morning but I was having a problem with the internet here. I tried to do it last night but our router is "going" and it all kept stalling out; including Netflix. RRRRRRR

Here I am today. Finally able to get this out to you.

But first, I have to tell you a story. 

My niece and I were talking about what she wanted for her birthday when she asked, "Did Jim find a home yet?"

We went camping over the 4th of July Holiday with my brother and we took all but Jim with us. My niece is as big of dog freak as I am and really enjoys the puppies too! As Jim had lived at my house for 14 months, we had several birthday, holiday and confirmation parties and everybody got to know Jim.

I said, "Yup, Jim moved to Madison about a half an hour away from you."

"Oh, Good. And did you 'sell' Alyx yet"?

"No," I laughed, "We havent adopted her out yet. Buuuuut there is a family who is interested in adopting her."

"Oh."

"But they live in Oconomowoc"

"Oh, so you'll get to see her then. That's good!"

"Yes," I said, "and they have dogs named Mocha and Te'a."

There was a looooooooong pause and then she screamed. 

She REALLY SCREAMED!!!

"Aunti Shelly - ARE YOU ADOPTING ALYX??!!"

So, yes, after four and a half years of housetraining dogs for everybody else, I am keeping one that we housetrained.

Here's her Noogie. She's One of Nine Schnaubrador Pups that came up from Alabama. This was the "Video Game" Litter. She was the third pup of the litter that lived here at The Lodge. 

Much to wonderful to pass up.

Here's your Noogie Miss Naughty Alex. Oh, By the Way, we've changed her name to Denali. You may see us at the dog park from time to time. That's us!




Thank You for Reading! Thank You for Thinking Rescue!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family!!