Thursday, June 27, 2013

Does she or doesnt she?

One of the questions we like to ask when we get a dog in the summertime, especially a Labbie Mix, is does it swim??

I took the dogs to the dog park this morning, came home,  and went for a 15 mile bike ride.  About 13 seconds after I walk into the house, dripping in sweat, Connor says, "Can we take the dogs to the lake and see if she (Alyx / Lexy) swims??"

Uh... lemme get something cold to drink. 

What follows is a pictorial story of how my morning unfolded.

Pretty at the dp. I was the only one there for a little bit.

Hello. Too close.

Lucky Jim!

Whee! I love to run.


Oh, hi... er... Sherman. You're a very big doggie.

All in.

Where is ball?

I think this is Mocha and Alyx.

Jim.

Running OUT of the water. 

Still out.

I am a stealthy croc-a-dor

Feeling a bit waterlogged.

Who Me?


Did you see that?? They just jumped off the dock.

Come back!

I'll go out to meet them.

Hey - I want the stick.





Come on - give a little dog a break. Gimme the stick.


Oh, yes, that's quite lovely Jim.  Wishing your new mama could see you now.

I'm gonna jump off the dock like the big doggies.

Yeah, maybe not

Nice. Jim's head and shoulders were covered in sticky things


Mocha taught our first Lab, Andie, how to dock jump!

Yeah, I'm tired.



Can I have the stick?

I'm getting tired.

No jumpy for me. 

Whoa - Did you see that? I almost fell in.



Good lookin' dog.

Te'a's turn to jump

ooh cold.





Outta here!








Fun to roll in the long grass!



2 comments:

Anne said...

Great photos. Looks like it was a fun time for everyone.

Michelle R. Grade said...

Did you like the Cooper reference? :)