Sunday, April 15, 2012

This and That

I've been taking the dogs to the dog park on a pretty regular basis. Mostly to keep Bubbles-Ali from losing her fuzzy little mind. After an hour at the park, she comes home and settles nicely. Its just the time before the park that she's pretty nutzo.

I think my favorite part is when I turn her lose and watch her run the circumference of the park in about 45 seconds. That and watching the faces on the folks at the park ... watch her. Yeah, she's that fast.

Last night we took her to the park and I decided to forgo the 15 foot lead for a four foot leash. Poor thing kept getting tangled in it. So, I took the leash off. Happy to report that she did not jump the fence as we were initially told. In fact, she kept circling back to sit down and check in by us.

At one point she was so tired that she laid down to stalk a bird. 

There was another park patron there with an English Setter.  Merlin was about twice the size of Bubbles-Ali and roughly double her weight. We had a great discussion of Bench vs. Field Setters. It escapes me now what he called the specific breed, something like a Rodgers and Hammerstein, no, that's not right, I know but it was something along those lines.

Gorgeous Beast whatever he was called - wait, Hemlock and Rootbeer? No? Darn, I think of it later.

But be that what it may, here is the PSA for Bubbles Ali, just in case you were thinking that I had forgotten it. BUBBLES IS NOT A DOG FOR THE FIRST TIMER OR THE LAZY PERSON. SHE IS VERY VERY HIGH ENERGY AND SHE WILL NEED AT LEAST TWO 45 MINUTE HEART POUNDING RUNS - EVERY DAY. SHE WILL NEED A FENCED YARD, THE BIGGER, THE BETTER.

Wynne-Fiona continues to enchant EVERYONE she comes in contact with. Yes, she is that sweet. She is such a wonderful little girl and I cant wait to meet the amazing family that will come to take her to her furever home. No, I don't know something that I'm not sharing but I am always hopeful. I know her family is out there; they just arent ready for her yet.

I will be bringing Wynne-Fiona to the Book Signing Event at The Doggy Bag in Oconomowoc on Saturday. We'll be there from 1p - 3p . The address is 150 E. Wisconsin Ave.

Please remember, that in an effort to move along the adoption process, please include the $30 application fee. This is deductable from the adoption fee and refundable, if necessary.

Thank You for Reading! Thank You for Thinking Rescue!

Hemlock and Ryman - ah - I just googled it!

No comments: