Friday, March 30, 2012

I sent an email to a fellow foster mom this morning. Gramma June raised setters in her younger days and has given me many suggestions on caring for the beasties, both setters and others. Thank You, Junie!  Since she loves the breed so much but finds they are a bit much for her now, she prefers the littler fluffies, I thought I'd catch her up on our girl Bubbles-Ali. As I wrote, I discovered that, WoW, this would make a really good blog post for her. So, here ya go. Yeah, and still no pictures, the only time she's still is when she's sleeping.
 
Miss Bubbles-Ali Ali Oxenfree has been at my house for nearly two weeks, thought you'd might like an update. She is such an amazing dog. She is faster than any dog we've ever ever had. She's quite psycho about birds - all birds - robins, crows, ravens, big birds flying overhead, swallows sparrow - yikes.

We can go to the dog park for an hour and she runs runs runs and maybe towards the end she will slow down a little. She may pace a bit when we arrive home but she settles nicely.

Once the sun goes down, she becomes a bulldog or at least a Labrador. And sweet, oh, my, gosh, she is a sweet sweet girl. Will curl up in your lap.

Scott and I joke that she is solar powered because while the sun is out, she's cuckoo. But once that sun is down, she's a whole other animal. Today, she and Wynne-Fiona raced and chased a bit but as it is cloudy, she is done and laying on the little yellow afgahn at my feet.

She is impossibly thin. I'm working on that. Last week she wouldnt eat the lunch I put down for her. This week I'm putting beef broth on it. I gotta get her weight up but as active as she is (even when she's standing still her muscles are vibrating, it's like she's in idle mode), she burns it off as quickly as it goes in.
 
And, because, I know you like it, here is the PSA - BUBBLES IS NOT A DOG FOR THE FIRST TIMER OR THE LAZY PERSON. SHE IS VERY VERY HIGH ENERGY AND SHE WILL NEED AT LEAST TWO 45 MINUTE HEART POUNDING RUNS - EVERY DAY. SHE WILL NEED A FENCED YARD, THE BIGGER THE BETTER.
 
It might also be helpful if she has an active buddy to run around with.
 
Miss Wynne-Fiona is looking for a home as well. She's been waiting oh, so patiently for her own home since the end of September. She is the perfect first timers dog. She is very low maintenance and is wonderful with the kids (over age six, please). She plays well with all dogs, likes to chase the kittes (no, I dont condone that, just giving you a heads-up). She is the sweetest little girl with a (I hate to over use a word but) wonderful personality. Silly, smart and will give you 110%.
 
Just a little note...  If you are interested in adopting one of these pretty girls, we will not be processing any applications from April 4 - 14th. This includes applications for adoption and fostering. If you want to adopt or foster, please get your application in before or please be patient and wait until after the 14th. The foster families do not have the authority to accept your application during this time.  Thank you!
 
Also, I know that its probably overkill but I want to pass along the date and time for my book signing.  It will be Saturday, April 21 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at The Doggy Bag in Downtown Oconomowoc.  After the book signing, you are invited to come to Brooklynn's CD release party, four doors down at Lakerz Pub & Eatery. It is a very family friendly environment and Brooklynn's manager tells me that the pizza is amazing. This is Brooklynn's third CD and it's titled "Its Time".  If you are interested in learning more about Brooklynn and her music, there is a link in the sidebar to the right.
 
Thank you for Thinking Rescue! Thank You for Reading!

No comments: