Friday, June 3, 2011

Will He or WON'T He - That is is the Question.

As a self confessed labrador person, I know certain things to be true.  If there's a lab and there's water, they're in it.  Doesn't matter if the water is only an inch deep, they're in it - lolling around like it's the Atlantic Ocean.  As a Fluffy Dog Foster, it's a curiousity to me, to us, if our fosters are going to swim or not.

We've had kind of a standard week around here.  Drop the kids off at school and go to the dog park.  It's been warm this week and it's been cold this week.  It's been rainy and sunny.  Ok, it's Wisconsin, I should expect this stuff by now.  Whatever. 

I've been wanting to take the dogs swimming because I know how much Mocha and Te'a enjoy it.  I've been holding back because I bought a new (used) car earlier this year and I'm not quite ready to have it inaugurally shook on by Mocha and Te'a and anybody else who might want to shake off in the car.

Today was the day.  After a quick run at the dog park, we went to our favorite watering hole - Ashippun Lake.  Mocha and Te'a knew where we were the second we turned down the street leading up to the driveway of the boat landing.  As soon as the door was open they were out and most of the way to the water.  Carlos and Finnie weren't quite as enthusiastic but ambled along down for the ride.

Of course Mocha and Te'a were in the water without a seconds hesitation.  Did Carlos swim?  Did Finnie leap off the dock after Mocha and Te'a?  These are good questions and I have the answers but first, you have to scroll through the dog park pictures.  double click to enjoy larger!

Thanks for reading!  Thanks for thinking rescue!

Finnie, Te'a and Livvy at the Park

I'm free!  I'm free!  You probably noticed the training collar back on Carlos' neck.  I assure you, it's not even on half the time.  The weight reminds him to stay with me.

Love the Dog Park!

Whew!  I'm worn out!

Finnie made a new little baby friend

Carlos in the tall grass

On the dock - Walkin' low - Noooot quite sure of what we've got here.

I'm in. I'm out

Hey!  Where are you goin?

Hmmm, water.  Curious.

Carlos is cool with the dock.  Finnie still isn't sure after his first venture.

Maybe I'll take the natural approach as opposed to the man made dock.

TGIF - Toes Go In First

Aaaahhhh... Still a little tense looking.  Not quite sure about it.

Oh - That's better.  Relaxed and Smiling!

Yes, he's sitting in the water.

What?  What are you lookin at??

Carlos is damp.

Shake it, Baby!

Mocha about to shake.  Check out the water coming off of the left side of her chin.


Can you find Finnie and Carlos in this picture?  Look hard! Double Click to help the search.

Phffft! Yorkies don't swim.

Watching Mocha dock jump.  Not quite sure about that yet.

I'll just follow along up here where it's dry.

Te'a dock jumping

I like the lake.  The pier is ok too.

Isn't he just the cutest little boy?

Pffft! Yorkies don't swim.

A lot going on in this picture

What?  Can we go home now?




Did you find Finnie and Carlos in the Where's Waldo picture?  If you didn't, Finnie is upper left and Carlos is under the pier crawling out.  Go back and look, I'll wait.

So, there you have it.  Neither dog swims but Finnie will lounge in the water.  Do you have a floatie at your house with space for a Fluffy Dog?  Finnie's your man.  Do you have a pier that needs guarding?  Carlos can do that well!

If it sounds like I'm anxious to find a home for these boys, I am.  Carlos has been with me for very nearly six months.  We've been through a lot together and he's come a long way since he first arrived.  He's very loyal, cuddly, housetrained, likes kids, ok with cats, good with all dogs, rides well in the car and does great at the dog park.

Finnie is also a great boy.  He too is housetrained is good with cats and LOVES kids - ok, he loves everybody.  I'm pretty sure he was beaten in his past life, he's got "shot" in both his ears on on his neck but still loves people.  He can be a bit shy around larger male dogs but once everyone sniffs and smells and says howdy, he's good to go.  He too rides well in the car and is an incredible snuggler.  I wasn't feeling well last weekend and went back to bed for a nappy.  Finn came up with me and "spooned" in front of me. Talk about an awesome body pillow!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email.  If you are interested in adopting either one of these boys, the link to the application is upper right on the the side bar.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments: