Friday, January 29, 2010

Playing???

So, I've been playing with Bella. She's coming around upstairs more and more. This week while I was sick in bed, she came in the bedroom and I'm pretty sure she wanted to come on the bed with the big doggies but wasn't quite ready yet. No problem, we'll get there.

I've been playing on the floor with her for a couple weeks now. Its rather like wrestling with a Flokati rug with teeth and nails. She is really coming around.

This morning I came upstairs to throw on a few more layers before the dog park and she followed me up. Mocha and Te'a were wrestling over some ball. Te'a was on the bed growling; Mocha was on the floor. I'm not a dog, I don't completely understand canine strategy. Bella was kind of hangin' around in the hallway so I called her in and barked at her. I kind of understand canine strategy. She lit up like she was on fire!!!! She came flyin' in the bedroom, jumped up and pushed Mocha and dashed back out again. She must have done this like 10 times.

After hearing all the dog rukus, Kiera couldn't stand it anymore and she came upstairs too. She almost got trampled in the doggie games and I made everybody stop so she could come in the bedroom without losing an eye.

She and I got down on the floor and play bowed to Bella while the other two goofballs were growling at each other over the ball. She came to me first and chewed on my hands and arms and then sat on me. At least she's a clean and sweet smelling Flokati Rug. Then she would dash over and bark at us and we'd start all over again.

Just to see if she would play with Kiera, I got up and let Kiera try on her own. Funny thing though, is that Mocha STOPPED what she was doing and went into hyper-protect-her-kid mode and body blocked Bella from Kiera. Interesting.

Mocha also tends to talk a bit when she is wrestling and that confused Bella and she went into "protect myself" mode. That's when I shut the game down. We'll try again tomorrow.

After I dropped Kiera off at school, we headed directly over to the dog park. Prior to this, I would leave Bella at home and go back for her (after she pooped in my car the first time because she was so freaked out). Today she was all about it and was perfectly fine when we arrived at school and drove away.

As usual she did great at the dog park. Made a new friend named Coda - who was a gorgeous Siberian Husky. Moxie was there and Dot too for a little bit. The man with the two gorgeous standard poodles and little bitty black on was there too. It was chilly with the wind but as long as you were moving you were ok.

Thanks again for reading. Furever Family, I just know you are out there, reading about our little girl. She is soo amazing and beautiful. Come to the dog park and meet her or just fill out your application.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Shelly
She sounds like a different dog....I can't believe that she has turned such a giant corner and keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris said...

We are all very proud to know all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!