Saturday, January 30, 2010

Furminator

Ever since our two hour bathe and shave session at the grooomer the other day, I promised Bella that would soooooo not happen again. Maybe I crossed my fingers at the bathe part but definitely not the shave part.

Last night I spent an hour combing her out with the detangling spray. Tonight 30 minutes, plus a little detangler.

One word. Furminator. It's this little comby thing on a stick (for you Jeff Dunham fans, here's a little
Jose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DT41m86N4 treasure for you - just a warning tho, it's a little colorful).

Ok, so the Furminator. Its claim to fame is getting rid of your dogs fluffy undercoat so there's less of it on your floor. I've used it on Mocha with astounding results and thought I could try it with Bella with equally astounding results.

WOW.

I had two huge piles of downy fluffy undercoat on the floor (that I just vaccuummed. sigh.). Hopefully with enough, combing and de-furminating, we'll eliminate the shaving.

But not the bathing. She smells so pretty.

3 comments:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

So cool, how much was that thing???I need one here! I have Mollz with a lab coat, Jake who knows what to call all that and now Tuck with a Collie / Golden coat...let me know
Kris

Michelle R. Grade said...

Kris - the one I bought was about $35 but I've seen them for more. Sadly, not less - :(

Cricket said...

Pet Supplies Plus sometimes has them on sale. I think Lori may have them on her wellness site also. They really cut down on hair in the home -- worth the money.