Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dosey Doe

Well Fluffy Friends, as the saying goes, one step forward one step back, swing yer pardner, dosey doe.

We were gone all day yesterday. We took a little adventure up to Chippewa Falls to pick up our new Big Woody Camper.

By the time we got home Bella was as scared of us as a rabbit again.

Sigh.

On the upside, there's always an upside, always a silver lining, she comes out of the kennel very easily. When I clip on the leash and ask her to come she does. She stops when she gets to the door of the kennel but I can manipulate her feet to get her to come out. Also, she'll still take string cheese chunks out of my hand. We switched from bacon after I told my vet about it and she made a scary face. "What," I asked.

"Bacon can cause pancreatitis, " she said with a shudder.

"Oh, string cheese is good."

Plus it doesn't stink up the microwave either.

We have been using the Rescue Remedy from the sainted Dr. Bach. That probably attributes to most of our success a couple days ago. I put some on chow this morning and a little in the water bowl too.

I know that we'll get there. I'm just havin' a down day.

No comments: