Saturday, February 7, 2015

Frosty Sprecher growing like a weed and say Hello to Mitch!

Hard to believe that just about a short month ago, Frosty Sprecher rolled into our lives. In that month, he's gained about 6 - 8 pounds and lost a greater majority of his puppy teeth. He's had two UTI/Bladder infections and will be neutered, ew, on the 19th. He's gone from being a Yellow Labrador mixed with a Great Pyrenees to a Yellow Labrador mixed with a Red Tick Coonhound. Of course, we're not 100% sure on this but its the best we have for the moment. The reason behind his genealogy switch is because of his freckles. Just scroll through the pix and you'll see what I mean. 

The second foster here at The Lodge is Mitch. 

Mitch is billed out on Petfinder as a Terrier/Terrier mix. I'm not a geneticist by any stretch - I work for an eye doctor but - 

check out his features. I think, this is purely my own conjecture, I think that Mitchy is Miniature Schnauzer mixed with Border Collie. Again, tis my opinion but he's got very fine features. And true to form, I revealed them juuuuust a little bit more today. I ... ah... gave his face a little trim. The hair hanging in his eyes makes me a little crazy. Whee!

Check out the pictures and tell me what you think. 


Mitchy before the trim

I wanna go to the dog park

Put the flashy thing away. 

I'm sitting down. 

I'm laying down with the cat (Frosty Sprecher is very good with the kitties. Mitchy - not so much)

See Freckles!

Well, we finally made it to the dog park this morning

Erk.




What are we sniffing?



His freckles really show up again the snow

Ack! His face is so overgrown!!


I cleaned up his face. Unfortunately, I cut off his ear with the camera

So handsome!

Looks more like a dog than a puppy here

Growing is hard work


Playtime

Whoozz a cute boy?

Ima cute boy?

Mine

Ehrmagerd - ISS MA BALL!!

Mine

Pre cut

Back feet freckles and rear dews

Check.Out.Those. Freckles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprecher could be a white lab. A friend of mine has one - they have a different lineage than a standard lab :)

MoniCue said...

Frosty Sprecher looks so much like our white Lab, Tampopo, who passed away 11 months ago. My daughter thought I was looking at Tampopo's old puppy pictures. I am wondering: Has he been working on his potty training? Our family needs to have a quick meeting about whether we are ready to adopt a puppy!