Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Pup at The Lodge ... but First a Bit of News

If you are a long time reader of this blog, you know the humble beginnings our fostering adventures. If you ar new here, as I'm sure you are, I will tell you the Reader's Digest Version. 

Many years ago, I wanted more kids. God and hubby said no. Fine, I said, I want another dog. 

I looked into adopting a greyhound but decided that I didnt want to go chasing across Waukesha County or beyond looking for my dog. 

I searched on Petfinder and came across the most beautiful Chocolate Labrador in the World. This.Is.My.Dog.

And I dont even like Chocolate Labradors. 

Ten days later, she was at my house. And on the first day I had her home, she ran away. Got my greyhound after all. 

(If you want the whole story, I wrote a book about my life with dogs. Its available at amazon.com - A Foster's Tail both as a Kindle version and Paperback)

Over the past 10+ years, we've had a lot of amazing adventures with Mocha Latte Chill. 

Yesterday morning, we said goodbye to the most beautiful, frustrating, challenging, annoying Chocolate Labrador in the World.

This is from four years ago. We all looked a lot younger then. :)


She was the reason we became fosters. Well, Mocha and Patti and Stew ... but that's in the book too. 

So here's your Noogie, Mo. You are hanging out at Rainbow Bridge with our other love,
Andie. 




Thank You for Thinking Rescue. Thank You for Reading.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had to say good bye to your Mocha Latte, I'm sure she is happy for her years with you and that she was the catalyst for you becoming a foster mom and home to the ones that came after her. thank you for your hours of love and care of the dogs that needed a home and I believe she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.