Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just a quick update

I know a lot of you have met Cameron and know how shy he is. I've had him since Saturday and yes, he is quite shy but because of my friends at Tail Waggin Doggy Daycare (262.369.8252), he trusts more easily than when he first arrived - Thanks Lisa and Steph!!

As you know we go to the dog park at least once daily. Every day I've taken Cam I've left his leash on and attached a second leash to it and held onto it while we walk. 

Yesterday, I dropped the leash and let him walk beside me. He stopped and sniffed A LOT. He also dawdled and putzed around A LOT.

Today, I only gave him the one leash and I never picked it up once it we were inside the gates. 

At first, he trotted along beside me. Then, he stopped to sniff the posts, the grass and whatever else he could sniff. 

At one point I lost him in the woods. Heck, I lost Cabernet-Bella AND Cameron. YIKES!

All of the sudden, Cabernet-Bella came flying out of of the woods and Cameron right behind here. RUNNING!!! They raced and chased and chased and raced like there was no tomorrow. Awesome!

I had kept walking while they were racing and chasing not worrying about getting him back. Until I couldnt find him in the fog. 

Cam?

I found him puffing in the grass trying to catch his breath. As soon as I got near, he got up and trotted away. Sure he was wearing the leash and I could have stepped on it at any time but I wanted him to come to me or at least let me come to him. 

We played "missed-it-by-that-much" for several minutes. Argh. Really?? I'm sure he could sense my frustration and budding anger. Seriously dog, lets get over this. 

Finally, I stomped on the leash. He fought me like a marlin. 

We continued our final lap around the park. When I stopped to look for Mocha, Cam laid down. Apparently all of his racing and chasing was a little exhausting for our young Cam. 

He's understanding now that going in the car is not a bad thing  -  especially when he gets to run like a maniac around the park in the fog. 

He's just got to be a little more brave. 

But that will come. 

No comments: