Sunday, June 1, 2014

New Dog at The Lodge!!

Once again, I dont know how this happens, but I have the two cutest dogs in the rescue. Oh.My.Dogness. Seriously? Why has no one put apps in for these dogs yet???

With Princeton Goose Cooper leaving The Lodge yesterday, it left a Fluffy hole here in the fabric at our house. Fortunately, Lori, The Director of FluffyDogRescue - had someone in mind to fill that space. 

Like everybody else, she is an Alabama dog and feels that we all talk way too fast.  I'm not exactly sure what her mix is. I was thinking Old English Sheepdog and Border Collie? Whatever she is she has a gorgeous coat markings and when it grows out she will be a real beauty. 

Grows back out? I did a pretty severe hatchet job on her coat yesterday before I gave her bath.(There may even be a bald spot on her right hip from a mat that was tight to her skin) She was soo matted from front to back and I knew she'd be so much more comfortable with it short. (Truth is ... I didnt want that all in my car - the possibility of fleas makes ME scratch).  The hair on her tail was about six inches long ... er... before I cut it. She now looks like a black and white with spots Labrador. Her coat is kind of wiry.

She has a wonderful smile and she is just an awesome awesome dog. Cant believe that someone hasnt put an application in for her already. She is remarkably sweet.

She is unbelievably wonderful with people and even as early as yesterday afternoon was in my lap cuddling and snuggling like we were long lost pals. If you are a person who doesnt mind a 50# lap dog. She would probably do best in a situation with a single person without another dog. If there were to be another dog, it would have to be smaller than she.

She has an amazing capacity to love. Just the most amazing dog. I am completely blown away by this, and all dogs, ability to bounce back from whatever situation they came from. 

We have some emotional bugs to work on but that I can manage. In the meantime, she is the ultimate velcro dog and is laying on the floor crashed out behind me. Yesterday her journey from Alabama and trips to the dog park both last night and this morning have left her a little drained but emotionally and physically. So today she sleeps. 

There are a few pictures of Miss Trinity in here too. She continues to grow like a weed and Connor thinks we should be feeding her more, she does look a little lanky and bony. Hasnt started to lose teeth yet but I'm sure that's coming too!

Woof!!

Cary  - Claire - For some reason, not a big fan of the grass in my back yard but does great at the dog park.






Oh, there's your smile!


Wait, what do you want me do?

Oh sit? I can do that.

Which way is Alabama? Y'al talk too fast



Seriously, can we go back to 'Bama now?



Wait, you want me to do what? Sit here and be oh, so cute? OK!

I'm cute too!! Plus my tail NEVER stops wagging!!





Can we get in the car and drive to Bama now? 



No comments: