Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring!!

Spring is in the air here at The Lodge (and on the Floors - ugh) and all of the four leggeds are wild!! They are running madly in the house and the play fighting escalates to loud levels. Even at the dog park somebody inevitably finds a ball and somebody steals it. Then they run and run and run and run and run. And run.

This morning at the park, it was a lot more melty than it was yesterday and the two leggeds were having trouble making it around. I discovered that my left boot has a hole near my big toe. Ugh. I texted hubby and he said once it dried he would try some "never wet" on it. It's worked well in other applications around the house; lets try this. 

Ok, so back to the dogs. 

Um. 

Even after a half an hour chasing around in the snow cone ground of the dog park, Albert-Tiger, Denali and Odessa-Chloe are still wired for sound. Right now Albert and Odessa are tag teaming Denali and both are barking at her. I would like to add however that honestly, other than the loud dog park song she sings, I have never heard Odessa-Chloe bark til today. Albert-Tiger however is a big talker. I've heard him bark lots but he also "talks" and moans and groans around.

Both are housetrained but I will have to add that Odessa-Chloe needs a little work. Maybe not work but needs an owner who is paying attention. I know when she has go outside she dances a little by the back door. Only trouble is, I'm usually too busy to pay that close of attention. If she is in a single or double dog household, I'm sure she would be 100% housetrained.

Both dogs are super sweet cuddlers. Odessa-Chloe is a bit like cuddling with a live stuffed animal. Very wierd for me. She gets along great with every dog she meets and does not shy away from even the biggest beastie at the dog park.

Albert-Tiger too is a great dog. He gets along well with everyone he meets and is quite the mama's boy. He understands and obeys "no" quite well, also. Furever family, I know you're out there. I just hope you come soon 'cuz I'm tempted to see what kind of soft fluffy Wheaten fur is under that coarse terrier outer coat. I've been keeping his face trimmed so I can see his eyes but I'm thinking I'd like to trim up the rest of him. 

Thank you for thinking rescue. Thank you for reading!


No comments: