Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Just a Quick Update

I'm trying to be more diligent about updating the blog so... 

Albert Tiger is the most amazing dog! Seriously. He is great with everybody and easy to get a long with - big dogs, little dogs. This morning at the dog park, he wanted to play with a cute little fluffy white guy named Sampson. Sampson didnt want to play and gave Albert-TigeyWigey some warning noises. He, of course, ignored it. Before things escalated too much, I called him off and told him to "leave it" and "go find someplace else to play", and after one last sniff at Mr. Sampson, he did. 

He's had no more incidences of eating stuff he shouldn't but I keep a close eye on him and we keep all the soft stuff picked up. He, like most of us, is not a big fan of change and it makes him crazy and he eats stuff. Furever Family, you will have to pour love and affection on him and take him for lots of walks and to the dog park when he first arrives at your house (and even after because it's good for both of you). 

Other than that, he's perfect. Cut.and.dried. Perfect. 

He did get a face trim this weekend and his nails trimmed. Which he loves, btw. He loves to be groomed. I have a furminator tool and he lays on his back and just lets me comb him. Aaaaah.

On the other paw, I have Miss Tiny Odessa. I've not had one this small before and I think we are overfeeding her. Just sayin' she's looking a little thicker than she did when she arrived. I did trim her nails too as they were quite long and she wasnt a big fan, but I persevered and got all of them done. We are working on housetraining and I'm fairly certain she is but there are too many distractions between her getting off Kiera's bed and the back door that she tends to puddle. 

She too is a perfect little doggie. No, scratch that, a perfect tiny doggie. She loves the big doggies and goes charging headlong into the fray at the dog park when Ellie the Yellow Labrador and Grace the Great Dane are wrestling. The only thing she does that causes me concern is she pays a lot of attention to the other side of the fence. She is small enough to squeak through the openings and I'm a little worried that she will scent something interesting on the other side. However, she is easily called back with a "pup, pup, pup" or a "come on dogs!"

She has the softest coat you could imagine. I've been told by more than one person who has met her that she looks like a tiny combination of a Chihuahau and a Black Lab. Yeah, her coat is that soft. (Oh, and she hates wearing "clothes").

That's all I have for today. 

Thank You for Thinking Rescue! Thank You for Reading!!

No comments: