Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Something Happened to Murphie

Do I have your attention??

Maybe I should go back up and change the title to read, "something good happened to Murphie." That would probably be a little less daunting. 

Nah. This is fun.

Murphie has been at The Lodge for about 10 days now and she's ... settled. She's not the wild animal she was when she first came and she's settled. I wont tell you she's calm because that wouldnt be right. She's a doodle and therefore calm is not a word I would use to describe her.  She is fact very high energy. However, she is less anxious and more settled.

Since the dog park is open again, blessedly, we've been going back. There is one small rub. Because of some people who have ruined it for others, there is a new rule that states no more than three dogs per individual handler. 

I've talked to the custodians at both Nashotah and Minooka and both commented on the people who have ruined for the rest of us. They bring six or more dogs and have no control of them. The individual at Minooka  doesnt pick up after his dogs but I know the individual at Nashotah always did.

So ... that was my own personal little tantrum but whatever, I'll follow the rules. 

I've been taking two and two. Yesterday we were at Minooka and today back to Nashotah. She and Te'a ran up and down the hills and chased the tennis ball. Next Lucky and Mocha did the same at Minooka. 

Today at Nashotah, she was a little uneasy with one of my fellow walkers and she nipped at his shorts. Eek. I clipped her on her leash and apologized profusely to Art. Sorry about that. Guess we're not quite ready to walk with new people. 

But, in the house and in the car, she's a dream. She sleeps in her kennel at night with the door open. She's stopped chasing the cats but she is still curious but can be called off with a "Murphie, NO".  I dont trust her 100% with the cats yet but 75% is better than where she was when she first arrived. 

She's definitely better with Scott and Connor. She has some trust issues with men, again, many apologies to Art, but she's learning that new people arent bad. 

Lucky... Lucky is still the same sweet boy he's been all along. Sunday, May 5, will mark his anniversary with me here at The Lodge. I think we are going to celebrate by giving all the doodles haircuts on Tuesday. YaY!

Just so its clear... neither Lucky or Murphie will be a good dog for a first time dog owner.

Hope you have a chance to get out there and enjoy the sunshine today while it lasts!

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and yuck. 

joy.

Thank you for thinking rescue. Thank you for reading!

No comments: