Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Post #2 - A Sister from Another Mother - Miss Kitty (This dog is NOT for Adoption)

When I first started this blog four and a half years ago, I did so with two intentions. 1. To showcase and tell the stories of the dogs we were fostering at our house. This has grown to include not only my foster dogs but a great majority of the fosters at Fluffy Dog Rescue. Pretty cool. What a great way to share the info about each dog and show even more pictures of the pups who need loving furever homes.

The second thing was to fulfill my writing dreams. I've always wanted to be a writer and this allowed me to write daily. I've got a fairly good sense of humor and I'm a pretty good storyteller so lets tell the funny stories about our foster dogs. This has grown into my friends reading my blog to see who's at The Lodge now and to see how many of them have to band together to form an intervention when things really get out of hand. No, not really. They do think I'm nuts though. But on the serious side, I've always wanted to write a book. Just never knew what about. The blog is my book and about a year ago, I published my first book, "A Foster's Tail." It's available at Amazon.com as a paperback or a Kindle. 

The third point that this blog has given me is that I've met some really spectacular people and heard some great stories. I've been "talking" via blog comments with a woman from "up nort' " Wisconsin. She has a standard "parti-poodle" which is a bi-colored poodle. It is what I think Annie is mixed with to get her amazing coloring. I still think Annie is a Labra-parti-poodle tho. She is a bit broader and less finer boned than the poodles. She also has a tail which is twice the length of the Standard Poodle's tail. 

Karen sent along some pix of her girl, Miss Kitty (totally love the name ~ May have to steal that for the next girl doggie who rolls up to The Lodge) who is a Parti-Poodle. She was adopted from a rescue too. I wonder if Karen would like Mix and Match Poodle-Doodles. Just kidding!

Here are the pix that she sent - Miss Kitty and Annie look a lot alike. Really makes me want to up my search for a Brown and White Parti Portie.

Thank You for Thinking Rescue Karen! Thank You for Reading!

Miss Kitty's back - Very similar markings to our own Annie but her tail is a bit shorter than Annie's.

This is Miss Kitty and Snickers. He is the neighbor dog and they like to  play together every day!

Miss Kitty and Clarence. Awww.

Miss Kitty in her pin-up shot. Yup - I can see the resemblance in there. Also makes me realize how desparately Miss Kitty needs a serious groom. Furever Family, are you out there? Do you want to groom her?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great funny comments Shelly! Wait til I tell Snickers family, he's gone all Hollywood on them! I kept trying to click a picture of kitty standing to show her tail length, but it was wagging constantly and just looked like a blur!
I'm going to share your blog with friends and encourage them to read it and always consider adopting first. Keep up the awesome work that you do. Karen

Michelle R. Grade said...

Thanks Karen! Get the word out - Let's find Lucky Jim, Lincoln and Annie new homes. I'm ready for a new dog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

You'll be happy to know that I felt so badly about Miss Kitty's wild hair daze, I shaved her down completely except for the required ball at the end of her tail.......something has to tell me she's still a poodle.
Not to be obsessive about this, but I'm sure Annie is 100% poodle, her tail is long only because they didn't dock it shorter when she was born. It's called a natural tail and there are quite a few who have that.
Hope Annie finds her forever home soon, she's a keeper!

Karen

Your loving daughter. said...

Hi mom! I hope that you see this post so you know that I will always love you and I will always love dogs, no matter what happens.