Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Update

I'm starting off this blog with a great big Thank You to our friends at Central Bark Oak Creek. SueAnn invited Fluffy Dog Rescue to come down and be the charity of the day. With all of the donations, Central Bark collected enough money for several bags of dog food. Thank You!!

We met some great folks and Lincoln Winklemann came home completely exhausted. For a dog who is not used to indoor play group, it was a bit overwhelming but after a while settled in awesomely!

We had an overnight visitor on Saturday and while I know that Lucky Jim and Mickey always get along like best buds when they are together, I always go into it with a little apprehension.  All of my concern was for naught. Mickey is a great dog, a Golden Retriever, who has exceptional manners. At one point yesterday afternoon, Mickey and Lucky Jim were laying on the same rug together back to back. Somebody give me an awwww.

Lucky Jim has a tendency to sometimes get a bit growly with male dogs larger than he. He, however, is an above average sized Labradoodle, thus making everybody else smaller than he. With a little time and patience and LOTS OF EXERCISE together, I'm sure that Lucky Jim would do well, dare I say fantastically with another male dog. 

As it rained most of the weekend and is quite warmish, relatively speaking today, I figured the dog park would be nothing but a sloppy puddly muddy mess. Plus my car is running low on fuel. Instead of piling into the swamp at the park, I hooked everybody up to a leash and we walked around the neighborhood. 

I love the looks I get from people walking by when they see me walking three big dogs and one little guy.  For a group of dogs who has never walked on leashes together, they did great! Lucky Jim needs to wear a Gentle Leader (but then so should Te'a) and Lincoln Winky needs to learn about walking on a leash (ditto Te'a).

Thank You to everyone thinking rescue and reading this blog. Together we can find furever homes for these dogs and move on to the next four footed Fluffy who needs a home. 

Thanks!

1 comment:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Awwww Shelly I've got my fingers crossed for that boy...