Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Quick Update

So Annie's been at The Lodge since Monday night. I have to say she's a pretty awesome doodle dog. Here's the deal folks, she's not hyper ~ Ready for this? She's a doodle. Yes, they are full of energy and enthusiasm. Yes - We should all be so lively!!

Her liveliness does come with the ability to create increased blood pressure. See, Annie is a smart dog and I'm pretty sure she has ADD. You know, OOH Shiny! 

I've taken her to the dog park for the past three days. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday, she jumped the fence. Wednesday, she jumped the fence. Thursday, I looked down for a second, you guessed it, she jumped the fence. Fortunately today, she had a 15' lead on. Lucky for me because she wanted to run around OUTSIDE the fence at the dog park. I guess she figured she had smelled all there was to smell inside. Whatever does it smell like outside the fence??

I stepped on her lead once as she went whizzing by. Between the depth of the snow and the heel of my boot, it slipped through. Agh. The second time I stopped her and we walked back into the fenced in area. 

We did about a lap and half with me hanging onto the lead and then I started to head towards the gates. Te'a found a ball, shocking, and I threw it for everybody. I even got brave and let go of Annie's leash. I figured we were in the middle of the park not close enough to the fences for her to jump out. 

She chased Lucky and Te'a and Lincoln ran along too. Then everybody came back and we did it again and again and again. I'm thinking tomorrow we play ball in the beginning. Get everybody a little tired out and THEN do our laps around the perimeter. 

Hmmm...

Earlier Annie and Lucky were wrestling like long lost buddies. I think it's what they both needed. I think its kind of funny when the fosters play together and ignore Mocha and Te'a. Now all of my hyper doodles are ... laying on opposite sides and opposite corner of my dining room table. Geez, come on fireballs, what's goin' on here??

Oh, yes, almost forgot. With regard to her separation anxiety ... Yesterday when I left for work I kennelled her. She was screaming before my feet were in the garage. Today, as it was a short day, I left her free. I anticipated my house being completely chewed and trashed. But ... whew - All was as I left it. Nothing damaged.


Here's the deal. If you want a dog, do your research. Find out what breed will work best with your lifestyle, fitness level/goal and your allergy limitations. Yes, Labradoodles are more hypo-allergenic than your average Labrador but they have the energy level of a Poodle AND a Labrador.  

If only a Labradoodle will doo, please be mindful that they are high energy dogs (with extraordinary jumping skills) that need to run and chase and play every day. Then they will lay on your couch and snore. 

Just a reminder ... The Fluffy Dog Rescue Offices will be closed from today until April 9. If you submit an application for either Lucky, Lincoln or Annie, it will not be acknowledged until after that date. 

Whew - Having said that ... Happy & Blessed Easter to everyone. I hope you find Peace. 

Thank You for Thinking Rescue! Thank You for Reading!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA! I am so glad she is getting a chance to romp and play with friends! Do you think she would be ok as an only dog? And the fence jumping. OF COURSE any dog who lives with us is a house dog, but the backyard has only a 4.5 foot fence???

Michelle R. Grade said...

Hi there -

Sorry just found your note. I hope you come back to check this.

I think she would be fine as an only dog. Please understand she needs lots and lots and lots of exercise.

She is not a young puppy but she is not a senior either. She needs lots of run time.

As far as the fence is concerned ...I think that a 4.5 foot fence is fine. You, as the owner, will need to be vigilant with her and train her not to go over the fence. I have some thoughts but would be too lengthy to post here.

If you have submitted an application but not received a response, please understand that the Fluffy Dog office is closed until the 9th.

Thank You for reading!