Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wow - Is it really March 7th?

Dear Fluffy Friends -


I have to admit that I have been horribly remiss in keeping you updated on the blog here at The Lodge.  I think it is partially because I've been really trying hard to get the book out and get that whole package figured out but also, I'm missing my Wilma-KarmaJane True.


If you're a long time reader, you know we've had lots of dogs run through The Lodge. Some have come for just a short time some have stayed longer. Each one has touched everyone at The Lodge in a different way.


Kiera had a complete meltdown when Zootee the Standard Poodle left. Connor likes the littler Fluffies and hates it when they go. Scott is partial to those labbie fellows that we've had and like me, the needier ones. Yes, like Isabella the Beardie (who graces the cover of my book - "A Foster's Tail - I'm a little excited about it) and also our friend Wilma-KarmaJane True.


She was a pretty "hot mess" when she came to us. Ask anybody. I didnt take her to "the office" with me at first because she was so fearful. But as she began to come out of her shell, she really came out of her shell. She was accused by some people at the dog park of being aggressive. Well, that's a story for another time. She was never aggressive; a bit intense, yes. Aggressive, no.


She really warmed up to Kiera and me first because we are women. Scott came next and Connor, well, I dont think she was completely sure of Connor even when she left. She made friends with my boss, Geno and even looked forward to seeing him. She made great friends with my co-workers but it was all a very slow process. But to see how far that dog came - from the initial pictures from Janet in Alabama to how she was when she left.  What an incredible transformation.


So I grieve my dog. No, I couldn't keep her. But a dog that makes that much of a change you just want to keep. Plus, lets talk about her exquisitely unique markings and varied shades of brown color. That would be a whole other blog post in itself.


Karma True's mom is my friend on Facebook and she's been posting pictures there for all of Karma True's fan club to "ooh" and "ahh" over.  Admittedly, I teared up yesterday when I got the picture.  Shhh, dont tell her mom.  I also teared up when I got the text picture from Chancey's mom - and he left us a couple years ago.


So, be that what it may, it's a sort of apology for not posting more pictures of the two adorable little fluffies living at The Lodge now - Wynne-Fiona and Logan-PJ.


Some brief information on both.  Both are housetrained, both are wonderfully sweet in their own way.  Logan-PJ is a little cuddler and lap sitter.  When we go to bed, he curls up next to Scott and sleeps on his shoulder. When I yell at the kids (yes, I'm that kind of mom), he shrinks a little. I guess he's not quite used to the scary mom voice - eek. Wynne-Fiona just rolls over on her back and gives me that sassy girl look. Oh, yeah, she can be a little stinker that one. But she is learning to be a little more cuddly every day and is seeking affection too - something she didnt do when she arrived.


She has come a long way since arriving at The Lodge and every day she's a little better. I've been taking her to the office with me and she's learning that you probably shouldnt push your luck with Mommy or Mommy's coworkers. When you misbehave, you get corrected.


I have a gazillion pictures of the two of them in my camera but I ah, seem to have misplaced it. Somewhere between taking pictures of the dogs in the house and the snowstorm last Friday and the resulting "frosting" of the trees. It may be in my car.  I took some pictures of my barn on Hwy. K and I think that may have been the last place I had it. No, wait, Connor had a band thing and I took pictures there.  I don't know. I'll post them when I find it. 


How about in the meantime, I tell you that if you want to meet Wynne-Fiona and Logan-PJ (no, the PJ stands for nothing other than PJ.  He reminds me of a dog that a friend of my mom's had many years ago.  He was kind of a low rider, fluffy kind of guy and that's what our littlest Lodger is now.), if you want to meet Wynne and Logan, please come to Tail Waggin' Doggy Daycare on Saturday March 10 from 11a to 2p.  Tail Waggin Doggy Daycare is located in Hartland, behind the Culver's on Hwy. 83. The address is 647 Industrial Ct.


I'll be there wearing my maroon Fluffy Dog Sweatshirt with the names of all the Fluffies who have lived here.  I am planning on updating my sweatshirt as soon as I wrap this up.  Then I'm back on the computer and designing the cover for the physical book I've written.  The Kindle book is up on Amazon.com if you have an ereader but the paperback is still in process.


Hope to see you Saturday!


Before I go, here is the latest picture from Karma True's mom -




They went for a walk yesterday on the Lake Michigan Shoreline.  She was a little intimidated by the bicycles but I know she'll come around. They all do.


Ok, here's one more picture. This is the one that Chancey's mom sent me


She says that he was out looking at the 20 INCHES of snow that fell last week.

Ok, I found my phone and the picture gallery on it... Here is a picture of Wynne-Fiona and Logan-PJ and one of Wynne-Fiona in the snow last week.  One thing I can tell you about Logan-PJ is that he likes to be close to everybody. He likes to sit in the chair with Wynne-Fiona, with Te'a (who grumbles) and he lays on the dog blankets next to Mocha, all snuggled in.  Awwww.




Thank you for thinking rescue! Thank you for reading!

Hope to see you Saturday!!

No comments: