Wednesday, March 21, 2012

An Update

That seems simple enough, I guess.

If you are here to read all about Bubbles-Ali (alley), let me start with this:

BUBBLES IS NOT A DOG FOR THE FIRST TIMER OR THE LAZY PERSON. SHE IS VERY VERY HIGH ENERGY AND SHE WILL NEED AT LEAST TWO 45 MINUTE HEART POUNDING RUNS - EVERY DAY. SHE WILL NEED A FENCED YARD, THE BIGGER THE BETTER.

Whew - I feel better now. Ok, having gotten that out of my system. Let me tell you a little more about our newest Lodger. Yesterday, after an hour at the dog park and a little bit longer bike ride with Connor (yeah, I'm out of that game for a while. buuut, knowing myself as well as I do know that once those scabs fall off my leg and elbow, I'll be back out there), she was the most amazing, wonderful, sweet and cuddly little girl. Somewhere around bedtime, she came and put her head on my chest while I was laying on the couch. I scooped her up and laid her on top of me, she only weighs 35# and we laid there and snuggled.

She's a young dog. A young hunting breed dog. No, scratch that. She is a young, double hunting breed dog and she is hard wired to run and flush birds. However, once she gets that out of her system, she settles nicely. As I type she is pacing the house, we havent quite made it to the dog park yet. She needs training.

When we got home from the park yesterday, I put her in her kennel for a couple hours. She needs to learn that she needs to rest during the day too. (Holy Cow, she's spotted something outside and is running through the house, yes, as opposed to trotting)

We need to work on house training but that will happen too.

Oh, Geez, now she's got Fiona in on the fun.

I gotta go.

Thank you for thinking rescue. Thank you for reading!

No comments: