Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A quick update

Ok, I've been horribly negligent on the posts for my fosters but I gotta tell you, I've been busy.

First, you may have noticed that Wilma-Karmajane is no longer on the website.  Trust me, all is well. She is here living, breathing and sleeping on my bed.  She has an application that has been approved and will be going home soon. Her new family has assured me that this will be an "open" adoption and that I get visitation rights.  YaY!

She'll get her "Noogie" when she goes home and I'll tell you all about her new family.

Second, yes, that is a star behind Wynne-Fiona's name. Yes, she has an application.

She is such a sweet little girl with such a stinker of a personality.  There is a naughty little twinkle in her eye and she's just waiting for the fun to begin. 

To her new family ... she is still learning all of the rules for living in a house.  You know like, potty outside.  Rrrrr.  These things take time.  She's been taking care of business in my back hallway causing me to need to wash rugs, again and again and again.  On the one hand, it's ok, because I got a new washer that can handle it.  On the other hand, I'm not putting them back down until she moves on to your house.  You understand of course.  Instead I'm trying newspapers back there. 

I'm not a big fan of paper training but I'm getting tired of cleaning up after her and rewashing rugs.  Tho, those did need to be washed anyway.

She's been sleeping in a kennel at night because she's not house trained.  She's not a big fan since all the  big doggies get to sleep pretty much wherever they want. I'm sure once she gets the housetraining thing down, she'll be a snuggly buggly buddy to cuddle with in your beddy.  She's only 40-odd pounds, a perfect size.

She's been going through the bone basket and doing a Goldilocks thing.  This bone is too salty. This bone is too hard. This bone is a Nyla.  I just cleaned up a minefield of destroyed fluffy toys and bones oh, and potty on the carpet.  Ah, nothing like housetraining in the dead of winter.

Not that it's all gloom and doom.  She does wander around purposefully when she has to go potty. Just gotta pay attention.

I suppose some of it may be my fault as I'm busy these days too. 

I'm T- a week or so until my book release.  I've been prepping the Facebook page (A Foster's Tail) and getting a book cover ready and discovering a way I can get it into the hands of the people who prefer electronic books as well as the ones who prefer the old fashioned kind.  I think I've got a solution but you'll have to stick around to see.

I've updated the "A Foster's Tail" Blog  (http://afosterstail.blogspot.com/)  and tomorrow, because my awesome fans pushed me up to 50 likes, I will be posting a little nugget from the book on the blog. Stay tuned!

So to recap.  Wynne-Fiona is going to her furever home soon - I wonder if we could do it this weekend?  Wilma-Karmajane is going to her furever home sometime soon.  Who will fill their places at The Lodge??

Clues? You ask?

Ok, since you've been so nice.

I am taking two more dogs who definitely wont be here long.  I think one may have an application already.  One is very presidential.  One is an explorer.

Woof.

Thank you for thinking rescue!  Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Got an email for the big L today looking for fosters...I said I would take the President....she said she had an app...I said I would take some Honey for my bread...she said everyone wants the cute ones! So there you go I'm trying to get back into this and she cuts me off...Now I know you are taking the President...she how you are!

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Also now that you are a big author and everything you don't answer my emails! I worked so hard finding all the photo's of my past fosters and posted them on your new special facebook page and then nothing...not a word! And then you take the foster I wanted...Like whatever Dude! Very Happy that Wilma has a home....and Wynne-Fiona too...once again great job even if you don't have time for your beardie friends!

Judy said...

Yippee for the girls!!! You've done such a wonderful job with WKJ, she's such a special girl.

Can I get Fi a windshielf wiper for a going away present? LOL

:-P

Michelle R. Grade said...

Roosevelt probably wont even make it to The Lodge as he has an app already. Also, sorry I missed your emails but I was at work and my boss tends to frown on activity other than dog handling while I am at Central Bark Doggy Daycare. Jus' Sayin'.