Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day Two - From (Cocoa) Willy's Perspective

Hello Cyberworld -

Greetings to you from my new (temporary) home at Grade Lodge.  As you may recall, I've been here in Wisconsin since Sunday afternoon.  Here are a couple of observations, from my point of view.

Yes, it's true - I am a young boy.  Just eight months old.  I am still very, very puppy.  I move like a puppy and I like to have fun.  I am still a bit uncoordinated - stairs aren't exactly my cup of tea, just yet.

I love to be outside.  I like to run and play with my foster sisters through the snow but I'm not used to all the exercise and I tire quickly.  My foster mom says she can fix that.  I wonder what that means.  I am also very interested in playing with my sisters and so far, I don't wander away.  Mom dropped the leash to see what I would do this morning and I just ran and played with Te'a in the yard.  And, I love to run to my mom when she calls my name.  She gives me lots of love and labbie kisses, cuz I'm a pretty lovey kind of guy.

However, speaking of names, I'm not so much into Willy and I hope to become Will someday, maybe after my first birthday.  Mom's been calling me Will - I like that.  Mom says that the guy who plays Good Will Hunting is one of her favorites.  I wonder what that means.

We've been very busy this morning.  Mom drove something car pool and we took the seventh grade boys to school.  They are very loud and crazy.  I wasn't so much into that.  I'm pretty sure it won't be long and I'll be used to it.  Mom has also been putting up Christmas decorations and I've been helping her.  A little moral support from a brown doggie goes a long way.  I've been a bit like velcro to her legs today.

While in the process of hanging up the decorations, Mom decided that she would get out the Dyson Animal.  Cats - met 'em - they're fun to chase!  Dogs - love 'em.  But a Dyson Animal - What's that??

Well, let me tell you, the Dyson Animal is unlike any other animal I've ever encountered either here or Alabama.  It's loud and scary.  I was so scared, I jumped up on the couch.

Other things I've encountered here in Wisconsin that I didn't have in Alabama - snow!!  I love to play in the snow.  Oh my gosh!!  But I always come in when Mom calls me to come inside.

I have very good boy manners.  I don't jump on people.  I know how to sit, lay down and gosh, I'm just plain wonderful.  I am very snuggly buggly and would love nothing more than to cuddle with you anywhere.

Thanks for reading my story.  I gotta go, Mom's puttin' up more decorations!

PS - Don't forget to say Thank You to our servicemen and women who watch over us on this Pearl Harbor Day!

No comments: