Friday, July 16, 2010

Enzo Goes Camping

I know, I know, I know, Fluffy Friends, it's been a while since I posted an update on our boy Enzo. It's been crazy around here.

I figure since I had a few spare moments I better get with the program and write a little ditty about Enzo's latest adventure. Although, after the canoeing adventure, I'm not sure what could top that.

Last weekend we took the whole fam and met my brother and his fam up at Lake Wissota near Chippewa Falls. You know, home of Leinie's Brewery - Yum.

Had great time. Yes, had a couple of Leinie's and No, there were NO mosquitoes in our site. I know hard to believe, right? I was ready with bug spray and our Thermocell but there were no bugs. There were a million at home, which is where our pictorial starts!

Come on, get in, let's roll!
wow.camping.is.so.much.darn.fun.can.we.come.back.soon.

Going for a walk. Jessie is on the left.

Te'a was telling dirty jokes in the tent while the rest of us were trying to nap. Enzo thought she was pretty darn hilarious.
What? Did that offend? (She thought the window cover made and awesome stage curtain.)
Ha ha. Haven't heard that one since I was a pup.

Our boy!



Oh, and just for the record, Enzo did great camping. Stayed in the site where he belonged, but he is so darn friendly and social, if we didn't keep a hand on him when some kid (or adult) (or dog) walked by he would go and say "hello". He also did great in the tent and didn't try to eat Jessie when she came the back window of our tent at four in the morning on Saturday. (With his super sniffer, he knew who she was, I didn't.) He rides great in the car and loves to be clung to by ANYBODY! We stopped at a rest stop on the way up and a woman who had lost her dog in April and was still grieving came over and just hugged and hugged and hugged him. He just stood there with his tail wagging.
When we got home Sunday night, Enzo laid down and fell into a deep sleep. Somewhere around one o'clock he began dreaming about camping and was howling for all he was worth. Sigh. It was a good trip.

Oh, and like Columbo...just one more thing... He's got an application.

No comments: