Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Everybody in the Car, We're Goin' to the Dog Park

Now that my two foster doggies are getting more settled and feeling better about being in my house, things were a little wild at 530 this morning.

The big doggies needed a walk but so did the little doggie, scratch that teeny doggie needed a walk. She's not so much into walking on the leash yet. Rather she likes to run around my front yard under the hosta leaves and play jungle dog. She runs and rolls, comes out and scratches and then goes back in and tears around.

So, at 600, I put them all in the car and off we went. Te'a was shotgun. Pixie was on the console. Enzo on the middle seat. Mocha in the back.

When I arrived I was the only one there. But after only a few minutes another patron showed up with a black lab and a springer. Puppy wasn't so wild about the other doggies so I carried her around for a while. Soon enough somebody else showed up with an Aussie and played tag with Mocha and Te'a for a bit.

They didn't hang around long and shortly after they left, they guy with the lab and the springer left too.

I put Pixie down and walked away with the big doggies and called her name. At first she wasn't so keen on that but then came tearing after and ahead of me like no other. She ran and ran and ran with those big doggies who were, incidentally, just moseying along like they didn't have a care in the world. I had left the long leash on Enzo just because I didn't want one more thing to carry and Pixie ran behind him and took him for a walk.

When another man appeared with a gorgeous fluffy husky, I decided it was time to go.

We came home and everybody ate breakfast. I took them all outside for a quick potty and let them all tear around just a little more. Somehow Enzo's leash slipped from my hand and he and Te'a were doing laps around the house. He's still a little out of shape from behind heartworm positive and enduring the healing process but I'm sure another couple weeks or so here at The Lodge and he'll be back up to speed.

Everybody is sacked out in various places around the room. Puppy has found a spot on the footstool next to the kitty. The big doggies are laying here and there.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Don't you feel a little out of place being the only non-canine in your group? LOL! I can imagine Pixie with the leash, toooo cute!

Michelle R. Grade said...

Shhhhh....Don't tell Lori but Pixie doesn't get one.