Monday, May 3, 2010

An Interesting Tale

Well, this isn't exactly the story I wanted to tell but I think it's worthy.

Te'a's been acting weird all day. She snapped at Scooby this morning and tried to take his face off. Granted, she's normally grumpy about him laying on her bed but this was particularly fierce.

While we ate dinner, she was under the table, not her usual MO and she was restless. She wouldn't lay down and when she wasn't under the table, she was pacing around the house. If she wasn't pacing she was standing completely still and breathing weird.

At 7:00pm, I came downstairs to watch some TV with Scott and Connor and found Te'a laying on Connor's lap, puffing like an old dog before a thunderstorm.

I gave her some Rimadyl to ease whatever pain she may be having from whatever was causing it. Half an hour later she oozed off Connor's lap on over to Scott and me. I picked her up and set her on my lap and she wimpered a little bit. I asked Scott if we should take her to the Emergency Vet and we promptly piled into the car.

After reading several back issues of Cat Fancy (hiss) and watching an older couple come out with red, puffy eyes and a box of tissues, the tech called us back. On the upside, it hadn't taken that long - perhaps the news wasn't that bad.

Turns out she has a laceration on the inside of her left rear leg and she needs to have surgery to clean up the infection and put it all back together. Aaaaah, that explains A LOT!!

I'm sitting here at the computer, trying to figure out things to do to stay awake, so I thought I'd tell all of you about it.

Poor thing will have to wear the "Cone of Shame" and be on anti-biotics for a while but should be "right as rain" (my words, not the vets) soon enough.

So tomorrow, we will not be taking our usual walk at 5:00am but rather, sleeping in and sleeping it off, just before we take our pal Scooby to the "snip clinic".

All is not bad news here at the Lodge. We met some really nice people this weekend. They're coming back on Thursday.

Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Hope all is well tonight :)