Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day at the Dog Park - Today IS THE DAY

Just got back from the dog park. Can anyone, anyone, tell me what this doggie is doing??


The answer will be revealed at the end. Let me just say that the last week of Bella's life has been among the best so far. Today the the dog park she let me pet her and love her (and call her George). She wrestled with me and jumped up, put her paws on my shoulders and licked my face til I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
When it came time to go home, I walked over to her and she either sat down or just stood still and let me pet her and rub her sides and play with her ears. This, of course, drew the attention of every other dog nearby so then I had to let her go so they could play. But finally my toes were so cold, I couldn't stay any longer, so I loved her and picked up her leash and out we went. She RAN for the gates and jumped into the car which was already running.
Yes, Fluffy Fans, today is the day. Furever Family, if you are there, just give a little wave. Let me know you're still out there. Waiting for the right moment to send in your application for her. I know that once you get her home there will be a time of adjustment from me to you but I promise, it will be worth it. She is such a wonderful dog and it's days like today that make me so happy to be fostering. Makes (almost) every puddle worth it, almost.
I can't begin to express to you what happened today. Know that she is closer to becoming a dog than she ever, EVER was before. She is no longer that scared bundle of skin and bones but she is some kind of amazing. Some kind of amazing.




Yeah, She's THAT CUTE!!


This is not her. This is an albino Dobie. Cool, huh?


The answer to today's trivia question.... What is that dog doing? If you anwered - PLAYING WITH A BALL, you'd be right. Thanks for playing!!




2 comments:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

UNBELIEVABLE!
Damn you Shelly I'm in tears over this dog for the third time today!
I'm so proud her, you, Fluffy Dog Rescue, the whole world....thank you!

Brenda's Arizona said...

I am in awe of the new life you have given Bella - and the newer life she will have! Hurrah for both of you - I can see the forgiving/happiness in her actions and face.