Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wintry Walk

I've been doing a lot of research about the rehabilitation of puppy mill survivor dogs. There are many many conflicting results. Offer affection, withhold affection, put the crate here, put the crate there. The most recurring themes are consistency and exercise.

With the Holiday Season winding down, I find myself reflecting more and more. Need to get more exercise personally as well as caninely. As much as I hate trudging thru the snow in my heavy winter boots, I know its the best thing for me and the dogs.

So, I decided that today we get back on track and get this girl patched up so she can find a home. We walked on a little trail that's near our house. Our dogs ran free but poor Bella needed to stay on the extendo leash. I think she had fun anyway. (double click to enjoy more)













Not a herding dog, a tracking dog.


How far she's come....

4 comments:

Cricket said...

Just look at that beautiful face!!

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

I believe with all my heart she is going to start getting better with her ears being treated. Rebecca, Gypsy's almost Forever Lady told me that Beardies are very emotion and pain sensitive....Her family had them her whole life....so once she starts feeling better your going to have a great dog ready for a forever home!

Judy said...

I'm so glad that I could help today with your new resolution! Bella does look wonderful and I can't wait till she and Mia rip up the snow at the dog park together.

She really is getting 'fluffy'

Anonymous said...

Bella is beautiful! My 12-yr-old Tyler (Gypsy's soon-to-be beardie big brother) has had similar car issues his whole life. We have to walk around the block and take care of "business" before getting in the car to go anywhere (even the dog park).
-- Rebecca