Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I hope this helps...

Bella had a baaaaaaaad weekend. It started Friday and ran straight thru to Monday night. She was terrified of everything. She backslid. She took care of business in the house. She was terrified of everything,

I even called Lori to tell her that somebody else needed to take her for a while. We'd done all we could do and we could do no more. Oh, and she needs to have her ears cleaned and nails trimmed.

My kids were distraught. Kiera was soo upset that she was sleepwalking. Connor was trying to think of ways we could help poor Bella overcome whatever it was that was bugging her.

I had a long talk with Kris on Monday after work. She said that HURRAY, Delilah Gypsy is hopefully going home before Christmas. Hurray!! She said she would take Bella after Christmas if we could just hang on a little longer.

Lori scheduled an appointment for Bella over at LA Groom in Hartland and we went yesterday morning. Amy had a couple other clients to take care of before us so we just hung out in their lobby.

Once things settled down, we got Bella on the table and Amy checked out her ears. OOh, they were bad. Infected and yuck city. After pulling a majority of hair from her ears, she attempted to clean them. She got most of the yuck out but when Lori came over to check things out, it was decided that she would need to go to the vet.

The next available appointment wasn't for an hour so we piled back into the car and off to Bella's favorite place in the whole world, The Dog Park. There weren't many dogs there but the ones who were there all packed in and started running together. It was soo beautiful to see her running and running and running. Every time she ran past me she had a smile on her face and her tail up high. Of course I have no pictures, but she was beautiful.

When it came time to get back into the car, I did have to follow her around for a little bit. She never wants to leave the park. Eventually, I followed her into one of the two tree lined areas and I talked to her and she laid down. I grabbed her leash and praised, praised, praised her.

She walked behind me to the gate and then stopped. I stopped and stroked her sides and told her what a good girl she was and that she didn't need to be afraid. She walked to the gate and out to the car. Where, she, with gentle prompting, sort of half crawled half jumped into the car. Again, what a good girl.

Next stop the vet. I took her in to Lake Country Veterinarian in Hartland. Nice people, even gave the doctor one of our business cards. She said she had a friend who used to have Beardies but had to let it go to Rainbow Bridge a couple years ago. She was going to pass this along to them. Maybe they'd be interested.

After the vet and the park and the trauma at the Groomers, we all deserved a break yesterday. So where's a girl to go when she needs a break? McDonald's!! Plain cheeseburgers for my furry friends. Yum. Each dog inhaled hers.

Today Bella is better. She is getting some drops in her ears twice a day and then we get to go back to the vet for a check.

She's such a sweet girl. She was laying in Mocha's kennel earlier and I crawled in there with her. She started licking my hands, face and arms. She also wagged her tail. Sigh. She's on her way. I hope this helps.

One last thing before I go. I want to say a special hi to my friend Kris that I ran into at The Pig yesterday afternoon. I told her our recent "tail" and as we stood there in the chip and dip aisle, blocking that older gentleman from his popcorn. Kris hugged me and thanked me and said what a good thing we were doing. Thank you, Kris. Made my day!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Shelly I love you too, I love Bella, but I admire you so much. You hang in there Gyps meet her almost Forever Mom tomorrow. I have your back if you need me I'm there for all of you!