Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bella Updates

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I've been busy with work and school and just general goofing off lately and haven't taken the opportunity to update you. There isn't much to update.

Bella continues to improve daily, mostly. For the past two weeks we've had a bit of a backslide and that's always disheartening. I felt so bad for her I couldn't post anything about it here. But it's all part of the process so we pull up our leashes and go on.

Part of her backsliding has been a lot of housebreaking issues. Yeah, like #1 and #2 in the house. Unpleasant but we seem to be back on track.

She still LOVE LOVE LOVES the dogpark, the tricky part is getting there. She knows that when she gets in the car where she's going. The only trouble is that if she needs to #2, she does it in the car IF she get's scared. Like on Friday when we passed a big ole green garbage truck AND a cement mixer. That wierded her out like you would not imagine.

So she pooped in the car. Sigh. Upon getting to the dogpark, I was so stressed about getting her out without getting stuff all over everything, which didn't happen, I pulled the keys out of the ignition and threw them on the dash. Got out and locked the door.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Couldn't find anybody but my wonderful husband who drove home from Glendale and unstuck me.

However, the journey didn't stop there.

Bella is afraid of the gates at the dog park. It's part of the process. It's part of the process. It's part of the process. It took me two hours and a phone call to Lori for moral support, to catch her. Poor thing had frozen snowballs between her toes and she was exhausted.

So that's my life in a nutshell around here.

I'm going to attempt to assemble my Christmas tree today. I haven't done so yet because, truthfully, I'm terrified of how she will react. Plus the cat lays in it and smashes all the branches. Hardly worth my effort.

Off I go. Hope you have a great day.

Oh, Hey, Wait - I just remembered something. We've been bringing Bella upstairs at night and plopping her on the bed. She makes this REMARKABLE transformation into a dog who plays and wrestles and nibbles on my arms and hands. She loves to roughhouse on the bed. But as soon as she's on the ground, she beelines for the stairs and back to her spot next to the piano.

She actually probably would have spent the whole night on the bed but gets nervous and puffs and puffs and puffs. Plus Te'a gets increasingly jealous. Silly doggies!

Also, for those of you who were around last March and met my cousin Drew's dog, Emma, she's coming back for 10 days to Aunti Shelly and Uncle Scott's house! She's much bigger now than she was then but she's still sooo sweet. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

PlanetBeardie said...

I'm so glad you were able to get those Beardies out of that awful MO mill. It's great to see them all doing so well! My name is Kim and I work with Beardie Rescue in Texas. I heard and saw the story about them awhile back. Just this year, I had the privilege of pulling 2 girls that were part of a raid in Arkansas in March. One has been placed, the other is still with me. She's 11/12 years old, no doubt lived her entire life as a breeding machine. Lisa has a blog, too http://www.thewonderrescue.blogspot.com. Thanks so much for giving them the care and love they deserve. Our paws are crossed that they'll all find wonderful forever families. All the Best and Beardie hugs! Kim

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Shelly could you send me the link to The Wonder Rescue I can't get it to come up, I keep getting some report on something that had happened to the site very strange
Kris