Friday, October 30, 2009

"It's Finally Friday..."

Wow - what a miserable week it's been. First Connor came down with the flu - you know, the bad one, on Sunday morning. I thought he was just fakin' it because he didn't want to go to church. After thinking about it, I decided that perhaps he should just stay home.

He spent the whole day in bed.

By the time Kiera and I got back from my cousin's house late Sunday afternoon, she had a fever and body aches.

Somewhere early in Monday, we ran out of liquid kiddie Motrin. I prefer that one, even for myself when you want it to hit the bloodstream fast. Plus it's easier on a sore throat when strep is involved. Plus...it tastes good. What more of an endorsement could you ask for?

As for our girl Bella, she's had kind of a rough week. It's probably just the healing dosey do. One step forward, two steps back, pee in the kennel and have a scratch attack.

This morning we went for a walk. With the kids being sick, the dogs haven't been walked a lot this week. It took some convincing to take Bella out of the house and then there was the incident on the driveway.

It's autumn and the leaves have pretty much fallen off the trees here at the Lodge. The driveway is bright yellow and rather slippery, might I add. No, no, I didn't fall, though it probably would have added to the story.

We were working down the drive when this HUGE lumber truck went by. Bella's not a big fan of cars and light duty trucks, so imagine her terror when a huge diesel lumber truck came rumbling down the street. She pooped on the driveway. Well, at least its out, right?

We made it down the street to the next driveway when the lumber truck came lumbering back. We ran up the driveway and hid behind a bush til it passed. All right, let's go.

The walk was pretty uneventful. Everybody pooped. Everybody peed. I think that's important for any future furever family to know. Bella must have been saving up because she...well, never mind that's probably too much information.

She had been getting ok with the cars coming and going. I kept an eye open for them while we walked and if I saw one coming I made sure she was in a position that she would feel safe. I stood over her and kind of squeezed her with my legs and wrapped my right arm around her chest and kept my left hand on her harness. The first couple were a little dicey but after that she seemed to do ok. So I decided it was time for..... the frontage road.

It's that little street that runs parallel to the highway and at 745am. It was rather busy in both directions. I haven't had a good run since I took Chancey on the bike, perhaps it was time.

Once again, so sad to disappoint you my treasured readers who delighted in the imaginary scenario of me careening over the Fowler Lake breakwall in the Windstar. She walked like a dream. It wasn't a good dream and it wasn't a nightmare, just a dream.

Something did get into her on the final stretch and she pulled like she was being chased by the lumber truck. But we made it home in one piece thoroughly pooped out and ready to rest.

Just want to add a public service message too. If you are moving or just cleaning out closets and the like, please take you unneeded sheets, blankets and old towels to a local humane society. Same goes if you have dog stuff that you are no longer using. They could really put it to good use!

Happy Halloween - Go scare some little kids this weekend!!

1 comment:

Fluffy Dogs On The Go said...

Your week sounds a lot like mine..sick kids, sick cats & dog...I am happy this week is over!
The Lady