Sunday, September 27, 2009

No News is Good News

Well reader, today wasn't the day. (I've mentioned my problem with patience earlier, right?) I was hoping that we would have come home from shopping to have found her waiting by the door. Mmmm, no such luck.

I can't say she's gaining weight. I can only guess she is as she is eating like a horse, or a starving dog, and not doing much moving around. Except at night. I may have a first in the world's recorded a history, a dog that is nocturnal.

Once again heard her tickity-ticking around downstairs around 330am. Heard the crash of the gate and skitter-skitter-slide-slide-slide of her nails on the laminate (ok, that was funny). Then I heard her tags jingle as she shook it off saying, "I meant to do that."

She peed on the puppy training pads we laid out for her and she took a neat dump right next to it, on the floor.

She shakes less. Except in the morning, when we come down to say good morning to her. Her little teeth rattle as her jaws shake - within ten minutes it's all over and it's back to the corner.

I'd like to tell you she's sweet but she's not that far yet. She's definitely not aggressive, so I guess she's sweet. What I'd really like to tell you is that we've gone for a nice walk where she poops and pees on all things green.

We'll get there. First I have to feed them 'cuz Te'a is bumpin' me on the elbow. Yeah yeah - I'm comin'!!

4 comments:

FluffyDogFostering said...

Kasey will come to a person more readily if that person is eye level and he is scared of most people who tower above him..I would try sitting on the floor more...can't hurt,,,well maybe it will,,but not the dog.

Judy said...

I can't wait to give her pets and a big hus~ and I know that day will come. I think it's kinda like waiting for AK to clean her room voluntarily!

Hang in there!!!!

Judy said...

Drat! That was supposed to be HUG

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how the smallest forward moves are so exciting!!!!