Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting to Know You....Getting to Know All About You...

For those of you on the edge of your computer chair wondering about the latest installment of Jack at Grade Lodge...here we go...

Soooo we thought Jack was Housetrained and I'm pretty sure he is...however....he is a terrier and he's VERY smart. When he doesn't get his way he shows his displeasure by peeing on the floor. You know what they say, negative attention is better than no attention.

Scott and I had gone CMas shopping and came home to some "treasures" in the dining room.
(For those who don't know, Scott ripped out the carpet and installed laminate a couple of months ago. It provides great entertainment value as the animals go skidding around corners and into furniture as they play race and chase thru the kitchen, the dining room, the living room to the foyer and back around in the kitchen again. Sadly Jack hasn't had nearly enough experience on the laminate and wipes out on his bum every time.) After cleaning the mess up in the dining room, I decided that I couldn't stand the cat and dog hair rolling through the house like so many tumbleweeds so I vaccuumed followed up by a quick cleaning in the kitchen with the Floor Mate.

Just as I'm putting the Floor Mate away, Jack lets loose with some kind of Niagra Falls in the family room - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGH.

Out to the garage he went. After cleaning up THAT disaster, I fed them and was getting ready to take them for a walk. Once again, Mr. Pay-Attention-to-me, lets loose with the Horseshoe Falls. You know the smaller version of Niagra Falls. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

So here I am on the computer not paying attention to you know who, so I should probably wrap this up and dig out the bones we bought for them while we were out today.

I'll still hold to the fact that he's a great dog and he's getting along great with our dogs too! We just don't know enough about Terriers, especially young ones, and their threshold for boredom.

Also, I left some clean laundry on the crate while there was no dog in it - never thinking - um - duh!! He ate a sweater, a pair of shorts and part of a dress - whoops! Tomorrow, we clean.

Thanks again for reading. Leave me a note to let me know you were here. As always, please pass this along.

No comments: