Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So on Saturday, we had a little episode of last in, first out here at The Lodge. Little Italy-Pippy was the last to arrive and the first foster to leave our little pack. I wish it had gone the other way, you know, first in - first out.

Lucky Jimmy has been with us since before school let out last spring. He needs his own home. Granted, he had some socialization issues he had to work through but barring that, he's good to go now. Yes, he has a chronic illness which requires him to have daily medicine and when things get really bad, a shot of percortan to help things out. 

Lucky Jim got a shot Monday morning. I guess having all those puppies here was a bit much for him. I've got to tell you that the average household probably doesnt have three pups under the age of eight months and will probably be a rarity for that to happen at your house. Scott thinks that because Lucky Jimmy had to "deal" with all those crazy pups, he used up all the percortan in his system and started the crash process on Sunday night.  But beyond that, I think he would have been fine. 

Here's the thing... I love this dog. He is the best of both breeds - Half Labrador, Half Poodle. Smart Loving Cuddly. Lo Shed - Hi Energy. Housetrained.

He is the perfect pet. I think, and I'm not a veterinarian, I think that if he were in a household with people and got his daily exercise and had minimal changes in routine or personage, I think he would be ok and would not require a shot more than once every three to four months. 

I've had him a while and am starting to get attached. That's not the worst thing, really its not. He needs his own family. We went into fostering knowing that we could quite possibly, maybe get attached to one or two of them. So you ask, why dont I adopt him? Because if I adopt him, I cant foster any other dogs for six months. You may have seen the list of dogs on Fluffy Dog Rescue's petfinder page who need fosters?  I would love to be able to send Lucky Jim on his way and take one of those new guys. Plus, there are more dogs coming up all the time who need fosters, cant help them until I have a space at The Lodge. Cant help them til LuckyJim goes home.

So dear families, we are at an impasse. Many other dogs have come and gone from our rescue, Lucky Jimmy has even had a few applications that have fallen through. Are you the right family for him? Or maybe you arent looking for a dog of your own, but rather, looking to foster a dog and send it on its way. Cant help more dogs 'til Lucky Jimmy goes home. 

Like Carly Rae says, Call me! In this case, I would prefer if you would email me cuz I aint givin out my celly number online. If you're interested in adoption of Lucky-Jimmy, Alex-Riggs or Lincoln-Winky, please submit and application. If you're interested in fostering, maybe, send me an email at iwannahelpdoggies@gmail.com

Thank You for Thinking Rescue! Thank You for Reading!

No comments: